GLEN VIEW CLUB - Golf, IL
Assistant Superintendent - 2000 – 2003
MIDLOTHIAN COUNTRY CLUB - Midlothian, IL
Assistant Superintendent - 1997 – 2000
RIVERSIDE GOLF CLUB - North Riverside, IL
Assistant Superintendent - 1994 – 1997
2016 U.S. Open - Oakmont Country Club
2015 BMW Championship - Conway Farms Country Club
2013 U.S. Open - Merion Golf Club
2012 Ryder Cup - Medinah Country Club
2009 U.S. Women’s Open - Saucon Valley Country Club
2007 U.S Open - Oakmont Country Club
2006 U.S. Open - Winged Foot Golf Club
2005 U.S. Amateur - Merion Golf Club
2003 U.S. Open - Olympia Fields Country Club
2000 U.S. Women’s Open - Merit Club
1999 PGA Championship - Medinah Country Club
1997 U.S. Senior Open - Olympia Fields Country Club
Canal Shores - Evanston/Wilmette, Il
General Manager / Golf Course Superintendent - 2017 – 2021
18-hole public facility operated in a private club style with green committee and board of directors.
Unique classic course set along the North Shore Channel as a neighborhood gem.
– Enhanced conditions consistently by promoting sound, cost effective agronomics, while not compromising turf health.
– Implemented concise testing processes of soil, turf tissues and other key components necessary to encourage
solid agronomics while promoting the most cost effective protocols to allocate funds.
– Established written set of maintenance standards to allow Grounds & Greens Committee and Board of Directors
to critique golf course conditions as well as operating and capital budgets in a concise and structured manner.
– Developed comprehensive workload study that tracks all tasks and man hours to better understand and communicate
labor allocations and necessities.
– Excellent written and verbal skills demonstrated via Club website, monthly articles, and frequent emails.
– Positive team building skills with an ability to recruit, motivate and manage staff within a difficult labor market.
– Managed and organized off-season events and activities, including ice skating, skeet & trap and cross-country skiing.
– Planned and managed numerous course projects while adhering to budgeted parameters, highlights include:
Flood mitigation – installation of pump lift stations that alleviated flood waters and mitigated turf loss and
damage during frequent flood events.
Bunker restoration – restoration of 86 bunkers in conjunction with golf course architect Jim Urbina.
River Streambank Stabilization – worked in conjunction with consulting engineers and various local and national
regulatory entities to eliminate erosion and provide a natural habitat for wildlife.
Club Infrastructure Enhancements - construction of new golf shop, pool house, and tennis facility.
Green Construction, Short Game/Practice Area Design – included construction of bunkers, chipping area and
green as well as construction of USGA putting green.
– Promoted to dual role as General Manager and Golf Course Superitendent; deliver an efficient operation
with a keen eye on financial responsiblity with dedication to golfer satisfaction.
– Implemented innovative cultural practices and developed new agronomic programs for the near and short terms;
providing immediate positive affects to the course from an aesthetic and playability standpoint.
– Enhanced playing conditions dramatically in a short time due to sound management practices.
– Hired and trained entirely new staff, prioritizing attention-to-detail and excellent service in all departments
– Provide expertise in planning, managing and implementation of golf course and ecological master plans.
– Developed equipment master plan as well as comprehensive recommendations for turf care center.
– Work closely with the community and Board of Directors to continue being an environmental steward to the
unique land that is cherished and utilized by the community.
GLEN VIEW CLUB - Golf, IL
Golf Course Superintendent - 2003 – 2016
18-hole private facility designed by William Flynn and opened in 1897. The club has a rich history,
including the 1904 US Open and 1902 US Amateur.
odyssey golf foundation - tinley park, Il
Golf Course Superintendent - 2022 – Present
18-hole public course designed by Curtis Strange, and the Foundation serves veterans, active military
personnel and children and adults with special needs.
– Developing sound agronomic programs to improve turf health and overall conditioning and playability of the golf course.
– Working to develop short and long term equipment needs as well as improvements to the Turf Care Center to enhance
– Developing plans to improve course drainage and to improve irrigation functionality.
– Provide strong leadership skills to empower and motivate existing turf-team while also recruiting and training new
staff to improve overall operations of the Grounds & Greens Department.